Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

"X-Validation @ Vector Linear Regression?"

horstmaenhorstmaen Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello together,

how can I do an X-Validation for the Vector Linear Regression with multiple labels?
I always get an error message when trying to implement an X-Validation. Without the validation, the operator works just fine.
Or is it not possible for multiple labels using this operator?

Thanks!

(PS: the data consists of polynomial & numeric attributes and a numeric set of labels)

Answers

• frasfras Member Posts: 93 Contributor II
    Please provide a sample of your data/process otherwise it is hard to imagine what you have done.
  • horstmaenhorstmaen Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    Hi, thanks for your reply!

The data consists of 33 Input Variables (partly polynomial and partly numeric) and a set of 32 labels (numeric; sound pressure levels measured for different frequencies). The data set describes (geometry) parameters of gears in a wind power plant and the noise generated by the plant. The aim is to find out which geometry parameters influence sound pressure level the most.
    Unfortunately, I cannot provide actual data, since it's confidential.

Here's a link of a picture of the process i set up and the error discription:

http://cdn.imghack.se/images/cf513f000ff68b3497fd83a81112dc36.jpg

The exact same process worked for other operators such as "Linear Regression". This process also works for "Vector Linear Regression" if I do not use an X-Validation. So my question is whether X-Validation does maybe not work for "Vector Linear Regression" at all due to the set of labels maybe or sth?
    (I've set the labels properly as "label", "label_1", "label_2" etc. using the "set role"-operator)

Thanks for your help!!!

• horstmaenhorstmaen Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    I just need to know if X-Validation is possible with Multiple-Labels at all and how to implement it.
    With a single label I do know how to do it and it works fine.

Thanks