Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

"Cluster Centers as Example Set"

dafedafe Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi all!

I've been playing a bit with clustering and came to the situation where I would like to be able to use the cluster centers of a cluster model as example set (I would basically like to feed the clusters centers to a previously built decision tree).
Unfortunately I couldn't find any operator that allows me to do so. Is there an automatic way to convert cluster centers to an example set?

Thanks a lot!
damon
Tagged:

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Damon,
    unfortunately there is no such operator until now. But I've added it on my todo list.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    It should already be possible:

1) cluster the data
    2) divide the data into groups according to the cluster name, e.g. with the ValueIterator + ExampleFilter
    3) calculate the mean values for all features and store them by using the process log
    4) build an example set from the process log table

Just a tip: be creative! I often think "oh, I am missing an operator here" but then after a small period of trying I always managed to get things done by using a more or less complex combination of the standard operators.

Best regards,
    Jorg