Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Binomnal attributes from polynominal one

frankstylefrankstyle Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi everybody, I'm pretty new to RapidMiner, but feel it is a great tool.
I really don't know how to solve a couple of data conversion tasks, I'm sure here there are many experts that can help me :-)

1) how can I create many binominal attributes starting from a polynominal attribute? I mean, I have this attribute:
color
white
orange
black
...and I want to convert it to 3 binominal attributes
white    orange  black
1          0            0
0          1            0
0          0            1

2) next, I love the aggregate operator, but it seems to me it doesn't work like the SQL-one. I.e., in RapidMiner it loses all the attributes it hasn't aggregated or grouped.... how can I get in RapidMiner something like this (silly) SQL statement?

SELECT name,birthday,email,SUM(monthlysalary) as totalsalary FROM mytable GROUP BY email

Thank you so much for your help!

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

your first issue is solved by the Nominal to Numerical operator.

Your SQL statement is not valid, at least not in the SQL dialect I know (MySQL, MSSQL, ...). As in RapidMiner, in SQL you can't select anything that is not used for grouping or part of an aggregation function.

Best regards,
    Marius