Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Read files from FTP

d_hofmann84d_hofmann84 Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi together,

I would like to read CSV files from a FTP-Server on a daily base. (lets assume, that a script drops every day a new file there). Is there any possebility to do so? I know that I can set Cron Jobs on RapidMiner Server, but I don't know an operator which is capable of reading files from FTP. Or maybe there is an workaround...

Cheers and many thanks,

Daniel

Answers

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    A little bit of Groovy script (The Script Operator) does the trick. 
    I'll see if I can knock you up a simple process example, but it's pretty much a straight copy of the ones you'll find on groovy forums. 
  • d_hofmann84d_hofmann84 Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    Hi JEdward,

that would be awesome if you could drop some script snipped. I will also have a look at the forum you mentioned.

many thanks!!
  • d_hofmann84d_hofmann84 Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    Hi together,

i just solved the problem by using the normal Read CSV Operator. Just use the normal syntax e.g.: "ftp://user:password@test.server.de/html/test.csv" and alter the filename with makros.

Cheers

Daniel