Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

K-medoids in Rapidminer

amarquesamarques Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,

I am writing a Java program which uses k-medoids algorithm and I am new in rapidminer.
I have the ExampleSet to generate the cluster model, but first I need to initialize the class k-medoids. The constructor is:
public KMedoids(OperatorDescription description) {
super(description);
getExampleSetInputPort().addPrecondition(new DistanceMeasurePrecondition(getExampleSetInputPort(), this));
}
The problem is the Object description, I don't know how to create because in the following constructor:
public OperatorDescription(String fullyQualifiedGroupKey, String key, Class<? extends Operator> clazz, ClassLoader classLoader, String iconName, Plugin provider);

I don't know what I should put in Class<? extends Operator> clazz and in Plugin provider.
Could anybody help me? I am losing my mind :'(
Thank you
Tagged:

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,996 RM Engineering
    Hi,

please have a look at the Development FAQ here: click
    This should help you, especially answer 5) where we heavily suggest you do not create processes programmatically unless you absolutely know what you are doing.

Regards,
    Marco
  • amarquesamarques Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Thank you, but I've already initialized Rapid miner and created an ExampleSet, but the problem is the OperatorDescription object.
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,996 RM Engineering
    Hi,

as I said, we strongly advise against creating new processes programmatically instead of creating a process from an existing GUI process. You can create a template process which simply needs an ExampleSet as input and which outputs your clustering model.

Regards,
    Marco
  • amarquesamarques Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    I understand perfectly what you say, but the problem is that I need to do a java program because is a part of my thesis.
    Hi,

it is still a Java program because all you do is create a Process object from an existing process xml template and then programmatically supply arguments and continue with the results.
    But I know how some professors can be ::)
    If you want an OperatorDescription object, you can call

OperatorService.getOperatorDescription(className);
    where className is a String equal to the key found in the OperatorsCore.xml file. For example "decision_tree" for a Decision Tree operator.

While you're at it, may I suggest the ctrl+shift+g shortcut in Eclipse which will show you all the places a class/method/variable is used? Very handy to find out how things are done :)

Regards,
    Marco