Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Parallel execution of subprocesses

HeikoPaulheimHeikoPaulheim Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi RapidMiners,

I have written an operator that executes a subprocess with different subsets of the data (like Bagging does, just a bit trickier, since the metadata also changes between the runs - but I eventually got it to work).

Now, my question is: can I execute multiple instances of the subprocess in parallel? If yes, how do I do that? The problem is that there seems to be only one instance of the nested process and its ports, so if I try something like that

innerExampleSource.deliver(DATA_FOR_THIS_RUN);
getSubprocess(0).execute();
PredictionModel model = (PredictionModel) innerModelSink.getData(PredictionModel.class);
in a multithreaded fashion, it breaks.

Any hints and/or templates?

Thank you,
Heiko
Tagged:

Answers

• HeikoPaulheimHeikoPaulheim Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
    Hi RapidMiners,

I found a way around by calling "cloneOperator". However, I am not exactly sure what is happening here (despite the documentation of said method saying "Use this method only if you sure what you are doing."  ;)), so I still appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,
    Heiko