Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Updates: Illegal platform name

ulihulih Member Posts: 1 Learner III
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi

I am a newbie.  I have not found any reference to the following error.  I have just installed RapidMiner 5.3.015 on a server machine (Ubuntu 12.04 server 64bit).  I am using Oracle Java jdk1.7.0_71 and MySQL mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.40, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 6.2.  It  seems to be working correctly, except now it has come up with the following error displayed in the logging messages window at the bottom of the screen:
Nov 27, 2014 10:58:21 AM WARNING: Error checking for updates: com.rapidminer.deployment.client.wsimport.UpdateServiceException_Exception: Illegal platform name: ${platform}

So for some reason when wanting to contact the updates repository: http://marketplace.rapid-i.com/UpdateServer/ (btw. the server is able to contact this website), it does not know its $(platform) and thus cannot perform an update for specifically the platform.

Does platform here refer to RapidMiner, Java, MySQL or the o/s? Is this an environmental variable that needs to be set.  How do I go about fixing this problem?

Many thanks
ulih