Options

Speech Processing

timsunshinetimsunshine Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
I would like to know if RapidMiner supports speech  processing. I have been searching for the feature for a long time.

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,512 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

You can do general data mining on audio data. Our CEO Ingo did this in some thesis. But that was more destinguishing between different music styles.

Do you really want to have Speech to Text?

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    I want to extract features and process the signals.

Thanks
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,512 RM Data Scientist
    To get what? A classification about the sentiment or the spoken text in a written form?

The first one might be possible, the later one not that i know of.
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    It is okay if i can show me how to get feature extraction (MFCC or LPC).

Thanks
  • Options
    I don't have a direct link. I know that our CEO Ingo did this for his Diploma thesis.

There are some papers around like this: http://sfb876.tu-dortmund.de/PublicPublicationFiles/mierswa_morik_2005a.pdf and this was one of the first projects done with RM (back then named Yale). So i would really think that those options are still available.
    However, i never did this myself, so i don't know which operators to use excactly.
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    awchisholmawchisholm RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 458 Unicorn
    Hello

Some of the operators used in the paper are not available any more.

There is some history referred to here... http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,1608.msg6275.html#msg6275

regards

Andrew
  • Options
    PenelopemaxPenelopemax Member Posts: 3 Learner I
    Hey guys
    "I'm curious about RapidMiner's compatibility with speech processing. After an extensive search, I haven't found information on this feature. If anyone has insights or knows where to find details on speech processing capabilities within RapidMiner, I would greatly appreciate the guidance.Thanks for any assistance provided."

• Options
    PenelopemaxPenelopemax Member Posts: 3 Learner I
    You can do general data mining on audio data. Our CEO Ingo did this in some thesis. But that was more destinguishing between different music styles.https://pmkisanyojanastatus.com/