Options

"Word Vectors"

Legacy UserLegacy User Member Posts: 0 Newbie
edited June 2019 in Help
I guess I am using the text plugin to create word vectors.  I have the tutorial that Michael Wurst completed call "The Word Vector Tool and the RapidMiner Text Plugin".  I can output a file that looks like the following
                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Trailer          Lights
TRAILER MARKER LIGHTS WILL NOT WORK WHEN TRUCK LIGHTS ARE ONDEFECTIVE TRAILER CORD  R&R TRAILER CORD                  3                 1
CHECK TRAILER PLUGS FOR PROPER WIRING  TRACE PROBLE TO LOCK ON PLUG CONNECTOR AT BACK OF SLEEPER                        1                 0  
CONDITION:NO POWER TO TRAILER LIGHTS  CAUSE:CHECKED TRAILER CORD (OK) TRACED WIRING FROM BACK OF                           2                 1

Question I have....a true word vector from what I understand is to also have the words in the first column a words that are next to each other also count?

an example base on the comment lines would be

Trailer       Lights       Cord         Plug         Sleeper
Trailer                  6              1               2              0               0
Lights                  6              3               0              0               0
Cord                    3              0               3              0               0
Plug                     1              0               0              2               0
Sleeper                0             0               0              0                1

Has anybody done this?

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    I'm not sure if I understood what you are trying to explain. But I'm quite sure that a word vector consists of a vector and hence does only provide one number per word. What you showed as example somehow looks more like a matrix.

In principle each word of a text is counted within the word vector. But some words might be to infrequent and are discarded totally because they only exist in one text at all...

Greetings,
      Sebastian