Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

"How to pass calculated parameters to Execute SQL operator?"

MacPhotoBikerMacPhotoBiker Member Posts: 60 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi,

I'm trying to run an SQL statement with with parameters I calculated in previous statements.

For example, the statement "DELETE FROM `Table` WHERE `Year` = 2015" works just fine.

However, I'd like pass the year (2015) as a parameter value because the value is being calculated dynamically.

The statement I'm trying to execute is

"DELETE FROM `Table` WHERE `Year` = CalculatedYear"

How could I achieve this?
Tagged:

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,529 RM Data Scientist
    You can use it as a macro and use %{calculatedYear}.

you can either look at the context menu or use the operators, e.g. extract macro.

Cheers,

Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • KintaroKintaro Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    this method can be used to pass an extracted text from GetPage to another GetPage, too?
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,529 RM Data Scientist
    Of course.

The method of Macros (better name: Process variables) enables you to get information from one point to the other or control several operators at a time.

If you need further help just post here

Cheers,

martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany