"Problems with java 8 and rapidminer studio"

imfaithimfaith Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello,

I have a problem with java 8 and rapidminer 5. I have found in this forum that rapidminer 5 not matche with java 8, so I have installed rapidminer studio, but I have these errors. The program works nice with rapidminer 5 and java 6 but when I change to rapidminer studio and java 8 I encouter these problems.

May 05, 2015 9:44:45 AM com.rapidminer.tools.I18N <clinit>
INFO: Set locale to en.
May 05, 2015 9:44:45 AM com.rapidminer.tools.PlatformUtilities logInfo
INFO: rapidminer.home is 'C:\Program Files\RapidMiner\RapidMiner Studio'.
May 05, 2015 9:44:45 AM com.rapidminer.license.ProductConstraintManager initialize
INFO: Initializing license manager.
May 05, 2015 9:44:45 AM com.rapidminer.license.ProductConstraintManager initialize
INFO: Using default license location.
May 05, 2015 9:44:46 AM com.rapidminer.license.ProductConstraintManager initialize
INFO: Registering default product.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/vlsolutions/swing/docking/ui/DockingUISettings
at com.rapidminer.tools.plugin.Plugin.initAll(Plugin.java:1008)
at com.rapidminer.RapidMiner.init(RapidMiner.java:585)
at com.rapidminer.RapidMiner.init(RapidMiner.java:526)
at Clustering.ModelV2.main(ModelV2.java:507)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.vlsolutions.swing.docking.ui.DockingUISettings
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 4 more

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

I have no idea what your code looks like, what you're trying to do, etc. But to me it looks like you do not have all the libraries RapidMiner Studio uses (see the lib subfolder of a RapidMiner Studio installation) in your project.

Regards,
    Marco
  • imfaithimfaith Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
    Thank you for the reposne. When I used rapidminer 5 I must only add the external jar rapidminer.jar in java built path and all is ok, but with rapidminer studia there are many jar named rapidminer, what jar I must added to my project?
    thank you in adavance.
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

depends on what you want to do. ALL jar files you see in that folder are there for a reason, we don't drag around unused files.
    If they are actually required in your specific project, well, you can find that out by trial and error. All rapidminer-xyz jar files can be considered mandatory, though.

Please note that using Studio 6 as a library for your own project requires an OEM license.

Regards,
    Marco
  • imfaithimfaith Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
    ok, now I have another error. I try this simple code wich works in rapidminer5 and java 6:

public void LoadDataProcess(String Data, ArrayList <Data> DataArray, ArrayList<String> Labels, ArrayList<String> AttributIndex)throws MalformedRepositoryLocationException{
    try {
    // loads the process from the repository
    RepositoryLocation loc = new RepositoryLocation("//Repository/MyData/"+ Data);
    IOObjectEntry entry = (IOObjectEntry) loc.locateEntry();
    IOObject myIOObject= entry.retrieveData(null);
    IOContainer ioInput = new IOContainer(new IOObject[] {myIOObject});
    ExampleSet resultSet = ioInput.get(ExampleSet.class);
    //Recuperatr attributs
    }
    but with rapidminer studio and java 8 doesn't work, I have this error :

com.rapidminer.repository.RepositoryException: Requested repository Repository does not exist.
    at com.rapidminer.repository.RepositoryManager.getRepository(RepositoryManager.java:192)
    at com.rapidminer.repository.RepositoryLocation.getRepository(RepositoryLocation.java:161)
    at com.rapidminer.repository.RepositoryLocation.locateEntry(RepositoryLocation.java:187)
    I have created a local repository in rapidminer studio named Repository , but the error says that it doesn't exist!!!
    I try with rapidminer studia and java 7 it works but with java 8 I have the above error!! I must work in my project with java 8 and rapidminer, so what is the solution here ?!

Thank you.
    Hi,

Java 7 or Java 8  should make no difference. We run our development builds on Java 8. There most likely is a different reason why you are getting that error.

Regards,
    Marco
  • JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Does that run on Java 8 now?  I thought it was limited to java 7 at most. 

Good to know Marco, cheers. 
    Hi,

the reason we do not actually yet make use of Java 8 language features in Studio is because of RM Server. Server will only run with Java 7 and not with Java 8 at the moment. Whether you use Java 7 or 8 for Studio makes no difference.

Regards,
    Marco
  • JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    I see, that's why I always use Java 7 as I always end up have server also.  Great to know Studio runs on desktop with Java 8. 

Thanks!