Options

update to version 6.4 fails on windows 7 x64

torzsoktorzsok Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
I am new to this forum and pretty much to rapidminer too.

I use Enterprise Edition v6.3.000.

I see the available update to v6.4, I try to install it, it seems to install, then asks for permission to restart. And it restarts v6.3.

Any ideas?

torzsok

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,509 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

whats your operating system?

I would guess the fastest solution is to deinstall 6.3 and reinstall 6.4.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

What I can tell you here is that there can sometimes be an issue when old parts do not get deleted correctly and you basically end up with 2 versions (one 6.3, one 6.4).

If you have manually placed extensions/data in the RapidMiner Studio installation folder (that does NOT happen by default!), back these up before doing the following.
    ATTENTION: If you are unsure, please contact us via https://support.rapidminer.com instead of doing this.

The quickest way to solve this is to simply download the complete installer, and run it. It will uninstall your current version (make sure the folder is actually completely gone, no leftover /lib folder is important!) and then install the new version.

This does NOT touch your settings/repository/data etc. Unless you have manually placed extensions under RapidMiner Studio/lib/plugins, everything will be as before.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll try that.

torzsok
  • Options
    Thanks, it worked.

torzsok