Options

"[SOLVED] Upgrade RM Server from 2.3 to 2.4"

mcinimcini Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi guys,

I've installed RM Server 2.3 and I want to upgrade to 2.4.
I've followed the instruction in the following post: http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,8848.0.html

At the end, after starting the rapidminer service, I opened the web console but no changes happened.
I expected that a script started to modify the database  but it didn't.
Looking at System Settings >> com.rapidanalytics.version.configured I still read 2.3.000.
Did I miss something to finalize the upgrade?

Thanks for any help.

Matteo
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Ciao Matteo,

without knowing the details of your installation it is hard to give any advice. First of all, I would check that you really started the correct server instance from the correct folder. You could try to run the standalone.bat in the bin folder of the respective installation directory manually.
    Another hint, usually it is sufficient to simply rename the existing rapidminer-server-2.3.0.ear to rapidminer-server-2.3.0.earx in the standalone/deployment directory and copy the downloaded rapidminer-server-2.4.0.ear into the same folder. In most cases this works -- however running the complete installer again you're always on the safe side.

In any case, you know that as a RapidMiner Partner you have access to our support, so please do not hesitate to contact Jess or Helge via our support site.

All the best,
    ~Marius