Options

strange item in standalone.xml

sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
edited November 2019 in Help

so I am continuing to try to install SSL on my RM Server and came across this snippet of code there:

<security>

<user-name>root</user-name>

<password>himmelblau</password>

</security>

What is this? A back door?

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering

Hi,

the entirety of the standalone.xml is configuration for the JBoss which powers RM Server. We don't access it ourselves at all. That snippet seems to be part of the database configuration which is used by RM Server (and implicitly provided by JBoss) to store its internal state and data.

Regards,

Marco

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

thanks, Marco.

Still having huge difficulties getting HTTPS working on RM server.  Should I post here, submit support request, or message someone?  Been trying to get this to work for over a week.  :(

Scott

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering

Hi,

please submit a support request for that. They are being paid to help you while I can only provide some help if I manage to find some spare time ;)

Regards,

Marco