Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

"write as text without rapidminer meta data."

kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
edited June 2019 in Help

Not sure how to describe it best, but I am generating a JSON file and all works fine up untill I want to export it. I chose the export to file module but it writes on top of the content some metadata as :

08.06.2016 17:13:31 Results of ResultWriter 'Write as Text (2)' [9]:
08.06.2016 17:13:31

it is not a big issue to remove this manually, but it means I cannot use it directly in a workflow this way. Removing this info makes the file proper JSON, so apart from that all works fine.

This is rather annoying, as I would expect the text file to contain only what I export, so how can I avoid RM adds it's own metadata on top, or are there other export options that just store content as is ?

Best Answer

• kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Thanks, but I am not able to see the attachment.

Anyway, I found a solution already, the 'write document' operator from the text processing part does exactly what I need, namely writing my document without any additional meta.
    I do consider it strange that RM is adding 'unwanted' metadata with most of the export/write operators. But I guess there will be some good reason for that...

Answers

• bhupendra_patilbhupendra_patil Employee, Member Posts: 168 RM Data Scientist

Not sure of your data is in a exampleset or document, but see if this attached example gives you any ideas, or if you share more details I can try and see what can be done.

The highlight is, I am using "Write Special Format" operator in this simple example. Not sure what your data structure looks like

• bhupendra_patilbhupendra_patil Employee, Member Posts: 168 RM Data Scientist

sorry missed it .. here it is