Can´t define new Discretizers in my plugin?

fjcuberosfjcuberos Member Posts: 18 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
I´m revamping my old 4.1 plugin. I want to include some new discretizers but there is a problem.
All the constructors of DiscretizationModel are protected so the new discretizers must reside in com.rapidminer.operator.preprocessing.discretization package.
I can create that package in my plugin or use reflection, but I believe that both are bad workarounds.

Another problem:
If one distance depends on the discretization limits in a DiscretizationModel the only solution I see is reflection. Could exists a getRanges() method?

Again thanks to all the RM team.

F.J. Cuberos
Tagged:

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

we have just added a method

public Map<String, SortedSet<Tupel<Double, String>>> getRanges() {
    return this.rangesMap;
    }
    to the discretization model and also made the constructors public. I have no idea why they were protected anyway.

Beside that, we also added the input IOContainer as a parameter to the method creating distance measures as well as added a new init method for distance measures

public void init(ExampleSet exampleSet, ParameterHandler parameterHandler, IOContainer ioContainer) throws OperatorException { ... }

All those changes can be accesses from the current developer branch.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • fjcuberosfjcuberos Member Posts: 18 Maven
    Ok, thanks. That fulfill all my needs.  ;)
    Cheers

Francisco Javier Cuberos