Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Reading Customer Reviews for Sentiment Analysis from Excel

rameshusarameshusa Member Posts: 1 Learner III
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi, 

I am new to using rapid miner for sentiment analysis/text mining. I watched couple of videos. I used the tokenize, filter, stop words etc. 

I have customer id, review date, year of review (Computed from 2nd), customer location (From web scaped data) and the customer review. The field name in Excel is Customer_reviews.When I import the excel, the customer_review comes up as polynomial. 

I also get all the positive/negative word list as one word in rapidminer, where as when I look it up in Notepad++, it is all in a separted lines.

How do I use the customer_review as a text to arrive at sentiments using postive/negative word list? 

Could some one point me the right direction? 

Thanks for your time.

Ramesh

Best Answers

Answers

• jesus_martinez_jesus_martinez_ Member Posts: 2 Learner III

Hi there,

I'm trying to use AYLIEN extension to conduct an Aspect-based Sentiment Analysis. 

There is a parameter called "domain" in which I have to choose between the following options: "cars", "hotels", "airlines" or "restaurants". My question is whether this extension is limited to only those domains. If not, which of them can we use as default?

Thanks in advance.

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,528 RM Data Scientist

Hi Jesus,

the aspect based ones are w.r.t these aspects. Simply choose the generic Extract Sentiment to get a general one.

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany