Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

How to Share Repositories

Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help

hi,

I know it was written somewhere as a description in a manual how to construct ones folders... I can't find it anymore... can someone plz tell me what would be the best strategy to organise one's experiments in the folders?

Answers

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

The RapidMiner recommended repository structure is to create a folder for each project, and then within that to have one subfolder for data and another subfolder for processes.  This keeps everything quite organized.  

If you have only a single process and a single data repository for a given project, then you can probably skip the subdirectories :-)

And you can also add higher level folders for grouping your projects if that is a relevant organizational layer for your work.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,529 RM Data Scientist

My standard folder structure per project is like this:

- data
    - app
    -- View 1
    -- View 2
    -- View 3
    - processes
    -- subprocesses
    - results
    - models
    - static
    - debug data

might be worth to write an article on it :)

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • bhupendra_patilbhupendra_patil Employee, Member Posts: 168 RM Data Scientist

Highly recommended way is using RapidMiner server(There is a free version available)

Here is another article that describes how to share repositories in absense of a server

https://community.rapidminer.com/t5/RapidMiner-Studio-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Share-Repositories/ta-p/32345