Options

R Extension missing?

Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help

hi,

I noticed R Extension from previous versions (5 and 6) from Rapidminer is missing in 7.2 version. There is only a R scripting extension. Is it not yet compatible and will it come later? or is it the same as the R scripting extension?

I'm wondering if its the same because it looks entirely different...

Unbenannt3.png

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

That;s the old R extension you're using, we've "sunsetted it" and it is no longer compatible starting with version 6.4 I believe. Please use the new R scripting extension.

Note: the new R scripting extension no longer has the GUI for writing the scripts in RapidMiner. You'll have you use whatever your favorite R script editor is and then copy and paste the script into the new R Scripting operartor (called: Execute R).

Answers

• Options

thanks, one more question,

how does it work with the compiler, does it use the regular R program in the background? or how is it executing R programs? and what is the scope of the extension? can I do plot visualisation and everything else like in R? including the use of different libraries ?

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Sure.

It uses the Rscript.exe to execute the script. When you install the extension it will ask you for the path to your Rscript.exe.

It's a nicer solution that marrying up one version of R with the old extension. This way you can use any version of R. :)

• Options

hi,

I installed the extension in 7.2.2 however, it didnt ask me for RScript.exe path..

and I am getting errors constantly..