Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

R Extension missing?

Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help

hi,

I noticed R Extension from previous versions (5 and 6) from Rapidminer is missing in 7.2 version. There is only a R scripting extension. Is it not yet compatible and will it come later? or is it the same as the R scripting extension?

I'm wondering if its the same because it looks entirely different...

Unbenannt3.png

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

That;s the old R extension you're using, we've "sunsetted it" and it is no longer compatible starting with version 6.4 I believe. Please use the new R scripting extension.

Note: the new R scripting extension no longer has the GUI for writing the scripts in RapidMiner. You'll have you use whatever your favorite R script editor is and then copy and paste the script into the new R Scripting operartor (called: Execute R).

Answers

• Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn

thanks, one more question,

how does it work with the compiler, does it use the regular R program in the background? or how is it executing R programs? and what is the scope of the extension? can I do plot visualisation and everything else like in R? including the use of different libraries ?

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Sure.

It uses the Rscript.exe to execute the script. When you install the extension it will ask you for the path to your Rscript.exe.

It's a nicer solution that marrying up one version of R with the old extension. This way you can use any version of R. :)

• Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn

hi,

I installed the extension in 7.2.2 however, it didnt ask me for RScript.exe path..

and I am getting errors constantly..