Options

unable to load attributes using AttributeConstructionLoader

Legacy UserLegacy User Member Posts: 0 Newbie
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I have a problem with loading my attributes using the AttributeConstructionLoader. Firstly, I generated my attributes in another rapidminer file using genetic algorithm and i used the AttributeConstructionWriter to write all the attributes in an *.att file. I checked the file, it has 19 attributes.

Then I opened a new rapidminer file. I used CSVExampleSource to load my dataset (the same one I used for generating attributes; I used the same dataset because I was just trying out...), then I placed the AttributeConstructionLoader under root and selected my attribute file to load. When I run the process, the outcome was that there were no attributes left.

Does anyone have any idea what might have went wrong?

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hello,

the operator AttributeConstructionLoader has a parameter called "keep_all". Did you try to activate it?

The sample processes "05_Features/19_YAGGA.xml" and "05_Features/20_YAGGAResultAttributeSetting.xml" should demonstrate how the AttributeConstructionLoader can be used.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Hi,

Thanks for your advice. From the examples I have found AttributesWeightWriter and AttributeWeightsLoader to be useful for my purpose.

I am not sure how the AttributesConstructionLoader works, it seems that if I simply used the AttributesConstructionWriter to write the attributes, and when I load them, there would be no attributes left, and if keep all == true, all the attributes would remain, so in the end I cannot only retain the attributes I want.

Thanks
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Yes, that is true. The AttributeConstruction... operators are only for constructions, not for feature selection. For this purpose, the AttributeWeights... operators have to be used.

Cheers,
    Ingo