RapidMiner 9.7 is Now Available

Lots of amazing new improvements including true version control! Learn more about what's new here.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Slow Performance Issue with Rapid Miner Outlier Detection

shredlegend88shredlegend88 Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help

I have a recordset of just over 10,000 records with 8 columns and I tried using the outlier detection operator and it is taking a very long time to run.  I have tried the different outlier detection methods (LOF, COF, etc.) and tried different number of neighbors and other optional tweaks.  I tried allocating more RAM to the Java process, set the java process to high priority, but nothing seems to have an impact.  I wouldn't think it would take so much for such a small dataset.  I have the educational licensed version if that helps.  

If anyone has suggestions on improving the performane of this particular operator, much would be appreciated.

Tagged:

Answers

• mschmitzmschmitz Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 2,463  RM Data Scientist

Hey,

did you use the outlier extension and where dates included?

~Martin

- Head of Data Science Services at RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • shredlegend88shredlegend88 Member Posts: 10 Contributor II

I am not sure if the base studio product came with extensions included, but I just used the Outlier Detection operator and no dates were involved, mostly dummy variables and a few continuous variables.

• shredlegend88shredlegend88 Member Posts: 10 Contributor II

I just let it run, and it took about 10 minutes or so. Which is fine if I walk away from it, I just thought it was weird to be so slow for such a small dataset for an enterprise data mining product.