Options

"Map a function from RScript Extension (RM 5.3) to RScript (RM 7.3)"

Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
edited June 2019 in Help

hi, 

I want to reproduce an experiment in RM 5.3 where the R Extension was used with the RScript operator (see screenshot)

ddd.PNG

the problem is, I am missing the fields "inputs" and "results" from the new operators in RM 7.3

there are 2, "Execute R", and "Execute Script", which one is the right one? and where can I enter the inputs and results parameter in them? I'm quite new

and a layman in scripting and I can't see the parallels where to use or enter those parameters...any help would be appreciated...

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

The new R Scripting extension was completely rewrittten, so a lot of things will likely break if you just try to grab an old script from the R Extension and put it into the R Scripting operator. 

The input and results parameters from the old extension are now just the input and output ports. You just connect the RapidMiner data output to the input of the new R Scripting extension and the Data Tables package automatically transforms the RM data into a Data Table that the new operator can use. It then converts this again when you return the data to the ouput port.