Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Rounding and display in 2 decimal place

mengkoon007mengkoon007 Member Posts: 30 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi,

I am calculating some numeric number and noticed that the display is either integer or 3 decimal.

Can someone kindly advise which operator can I use for below?

1) Round to 2 decimal place and display as 2 decimal place

- I tried using "Generate Attribute" by indicating round(a/b,2). Eg. result is 2.035 and rounding become 2.040,  this steps round to 2 decimal but when display it still show 3 decimal

2) I need a column to display in percentage, then round and display as 2 decimal place. Eg. The value is 2.046789, in percentage is 204.6789%, the final display needs to be as 204.68%.

Answers

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn

As you are looking at changing the way it displays I would recommend the Format Numbers operator.  You can use this to format a number in a pattern of your choosing and display it as a nominal value. 

For example 20.000203 can become 20.00%  or various other combinations. 

• mengkoon007mengkoon007 Member Posts: 30 Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

I have tried using format number operator with format type as pattern.The pattern type indicate as 0.00

May I check

1) does it just display as 2 decimal or

2) it actually round to 2 decimal and then display as 2 decimal?

If it is point 1, the rounding is it needs to be done using the generate attribute operator first, then use format number operator to display in 2 decimal?

=======

Another question:

I need to add this percentage logo "%" to 1 of my calculated value, I have tried using the following method but the value is incorrect:

1) Generate Attribute = round (a/b*100,2) = eg. 150.460

2) Format number = pattern type = 0.00% = eg. 15046.00%

The result i need is 150.46%.

I tried a tedious method as below and seems to get the result, can anyone kindly advise if there is a correct way to do it? Thanks.

1) Generate Attribute = round (a/b*100,2) = eg. 150.460 (attribute name: r_ratio) => I am rounding to 2 decimal after multiply value *100%

2) Generate Attribute = r_ratio/100 => I am making the value to before multiple 100% and this value has already been rounded

3) Format number = pattern type = 0.00%, the value now show as 150.46%