Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Enabling R Scripting

carlcarl Member Posts: 30 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help

I'd like to try R scripting for the first time, but I'm struggling to get the R extension properly installed despite having read a number of posts on the topic.   I'm running macOS Sierra 10.12.1, and after completing the steps below, I get the message: path to Rscript front end seems to be incorrect.  But I can't see the problem in the path.  Can anyone please help?

Steps Completed

Installed R3.3.2

Installed Java Version 8 Update 112

Installed rJava and JavaGD via R

My Bash_Profile includes these lines

• export R_HOME=/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/Library
  • export JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_112.jdk/Contents/Home

RM preferences path to Rscript:  /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/library/rJava/jri/libjri.jnilib

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• carlcarl Member Posts: 30 Maven

Thanks Thomas.  

I entered:

/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/Rscript

into Preferences > R scripting, and will use the Execute R operator.