turn centroid table into data

Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help

There is probably something simple I am missing here, but part of the output of a clustering operator is an object called the "centroid table" that contains the average centroid values for each cluster for all attributes.  But it seems to be trapped in the centroid output.  How can that table be easily retrieved or extracted to turn into a dataset for further analysis?  Thanks.

Brian T.
Lindon Ventures 
Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts

Best Answer

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted

Hi Brian,

Extract Cluster Prototype Prototypes does the job :).

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Heh! I didn't even know about this operator. Cool!

• cleisnercleisner Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

Can you tell us how to connect "Extract Cluster Prototypes"? I tried connecting it directly to the output from the Clustering process and got the message "Wrong Connection : Your connection is producing the wrong type of data. Try changing the starting point of the connection."