Options

Trouble adding lines by color

timtim Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

I would like to make a graph like that shown below (drawn over in mspaint to show the red line) to have a line for each unique FV box number. Can this be done in rapid miner?

color lines.png

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder

Hi,

Yes.  In the Charts, please select Scatter Multiple and change the setting at the bottom where it says "Points and Lines...".

Alternatively, you can also configure this in the Advanced Charts tab.

Cheers,

Ingo

• Options
    timtim Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Hi,

there is no option in multiple scatter to have different color columns, therefore applying lines doesn't work. I have found a way to do what I want by making each FV box number it's own series, however this is a very slow work around. please see images below to understand.

multiple scatter seperate values.png

Multiple scatter.png

scatter.png

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder

I see - in this case you probably would need to configure this in the Advanced Charts then.  The charts, you guessed it, are a bit more advanced and also a bit more difficult to configure.  But I found a document online which might help you here:

http://rapidminer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/RapidMiner-5.2-Advanced-Charts-english-v1.0.pdf

Hope this helps,

Ingo