Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

wrong value type when joining

eldenosoeldenoso Member Posts: 65 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help

Hello,

I have a problem when joining two databases together. In the first one RapidMiner identifies the attribute as integer and in the other one as nominal (actually they are both just numerical). Everytime I start the process, the joining operator stops because of "wrong value types of the example sets". 

What can I do to change the value types of both?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

You'll have to convert one of the data types (either the integer or nominal) to the same data type. You can use a Numerical to Nonminal or Nominal to Numerical operator.

OR you can just put a Guess Types operator after the Read Database operator where the integer comes in as a Nominal value.