Split date_time

kp903847kp903847 Member Posts: 5 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Good evening community!

Ive got a dataset whith the column date which has the format: date_time like Jan 30, 2017 12:01:31 AM CET.

Id like to extract only the date and put it into the format: "dd.mm.yyyy". Therefore, i used generate attribute with funcion date_str_custom(date, "dd.mm.yyyy").

It seems that it works like it should, but rapidminer changes Jan 30, 2017 into 30.02.2017. Any idea?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

Kevin

Answers

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

I am not sure about the problem you are reporting.  Perhaps you want to post a data sample and a process file for troubleshooting?

In the meantime, the following function (used in Generate Attributes) should actually give you the date format you want:

date_str(YourDateAttributeName,DATE_MEDIUM,DATE_SHOW_DATE_ONLY)

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn

I think it might simply be lack of capitals.  mm in this string represents minutes. 

Try dd.MM.yyyy

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Yes, you need to do MM in capital letters.