Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Convert and compare - Date and Time

mengkoon007mengkoon007 Member Posts: 30 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi,

I have a dataset with 2 columns (Date and Time):

Date showing "1/1/2016", "23/4/2016".

Time showing "12:04:06 PM", "7:12:23 AM".

Question: I would like to show that any data with date (earlier than 3/2/2016) or time (earlier than 9:00:00 AM), a status will show "1" else show "2", I tried below but having error. May I know which area I have done wrongly and can the display be kept as original?

====

1. I import the data and noticed that the data type is polynominal for the date and time.

2. Thus,  I used the data transformation "Nominal to Date":

a) For date, i convert to "date" data type with date format as "dd/mm/yyyy"

b) For time, I convert to "time" data type with date format as "hh:mm:ss a"

3. I used generate attribute to do comparison.

a) attribute name: status

b) function expression: if(Date<"3/2/2016" || Time<"9:00:00 AM",1,2)

However, I received the following error:

error.gif

Tagged:

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

I think you need to use the eval() function for this, which I don't think is available in the version you are using. It appears you are using v5.3?

• sshah8050sshah8050 Member Posts: 1 Learner II
    Hi,

I have three Attribute Day, Month, and Year. i want to get it like 22/12/2018. do we have any function for it?

• IngoRMIngoRM Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,
    Sure, you can use a combination of the operators Generate Attributes and Nominal to Date.  Below is an example process showing this.
    Hope this helps,
    Ingo
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><process version="9.2.001"><br>&nbsp; <context><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <input/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <output/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <macros/><br>&nbsp; </context><br>&nbsp; <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="9.2.001" expanded="true" name="Process"><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="logverbosity" value="init"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="random_seed" value="2001"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="send_mail" value="never"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="notification_email" value=""/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="process_duration_for_mail" value="30"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="encoding" value="UTF-8"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <process expanded="true"><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <operator activated="true" class="utility:create_exampleset" compatibility="9.2.001" expanded="true" height="68" name="Create ExampleSet" width="90" x="45" y="34"><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="generator_type" value="comma separated text"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="number_of_examples" value="100"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="use_stepsize" value="false"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <list key="function_descriptions"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="add_id_attribute" value="false"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <list key="numeric_series_configuration"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <list key="date_series_configuration"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <list key="date_series_configuration (interval)"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="date_format" value="yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="time_zone" value="SYSTEM"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="input_csv_text" value="Day, Month, Year&#10;19, 08, 1977"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="column_separator" value=","/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="parse_all_as_nominal" value="false"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="decimal_point_character" value="."/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="trim_attribute_names" value="true"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </operator><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <operator activated="true" class="generate_attributes" compatibility="9.2.001" expanded="true" height="82" name="Generate Attributes" width="90" x="179" y="34"><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <list key="function_descriptions"><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="Date" value="Day+&quot;/&quot;+Month+&quot;/&quot;+Year"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </list><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="keep_all" value="true"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </operator><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <operator activated="true" class="nominal_to_date" compatibility="9.2.001" expanded="true" height="82" name="Nominal to Date" width="90" x="313" y="34"><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="attribute_name" value="Date"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="date_type" value="date"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="date_format" value="dd/MM/yyyy"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="time_zone" value="SYSTEM"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="locale" value="English (United States)"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <parameter key="keep_old_attribute" value="false"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </operator><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <connect from_op="Create ExampleSet" from_port="output" to_op="Generate Attributes" to_port="example set input"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <connect from_op="Generate Attributes" from_port="example set output" to_op="Nominal to Date" to_port="example set input"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <connect from_op="Nominal to Date" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </process><br>&nbsp; </operator><br></process>
  • varunm1varunm1 Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    edited April 2019
    Hello @sshah8050

You can concatenate these three attributes (attributes should be of type nominal) using Generate attributes operator into a single attribute and then parse it (if you need it as a date datatype)  into a date using Nominal to date operator. Sample XML code below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><process version="9.2.001">
    <context>
    <input/>
    <output/>
    <macros/>
    </context>
    <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="9.2.001" expanded="true" name="Process">
    <parameter key="logverbosity" value="init"/>
    <parameter key="random_seed" value="2001"/>
    <parameter key="send_mail" value="never"/>
    <parameter key="notification_email" value=""/>
    <parameter key="process_duration_for_mail" value="30"/>
    <parameter key="encoding" value="SYSTEM"/>
    <process expanded="true">
    <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="9.2.001" expanded="true" height="68" name="Retrieve DataSet" width="90" x="112" y="85">
    <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Local Repository/RapidMIner/DataSet"/>
    </operator>
    <operator activated="true" class="generate_attributes" compatibility="9.2.001" expanded="true" height="82" name="Generate Attributes" width="90" x="447" y="85">
    <list key="function_descriptions">
    <parameter key="Date" value="concat(SURVEY,&quot;/&quot;,DOEID,&quot;/&quot;,WALLTYPE)"/>
    </list>
    <parameter key="keep_all" value="true"/>
    </operator>
    <operator activated="true" class="nominal_to_date" compatibility="9.2.001" expanded="true" height="82" name="Nominal to Date" width="90" x="648" y="85">
    <parameter key="attribute_name" value="Date"/>
    <parameter key="date_type" value="date"/>
    <parameter key="date_format" value="yyyy/MM/dd"/>
    <parameter key="time_zone" value="SYSTEM"/>
    <parameter key="locale" value="English (United States)"/>
    <parameter key="keep_old_attribute" value="false"/>
    </operator>
    <connect from_op="Retrieve DataSet" from_port="output" to_op="Generate Attributes" to_port="example set input"/>
    <connect from_op="Generate Attributes" from_port="example set output" to_op="Nominal to Date" to_port="example set input"/>
    <connect from_op="Nominal to Date" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/>
    <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
    <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
    <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
    </process>
    </operator>
    </process>

Thanks 
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• PapadPapad Member Posts: 68 Guru
    Hello @sshah8050
    For transformations and data types you can also use turbo prep and then go in your process.