Options

coding and data format problem

bangbadabangbangbadabang Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

Sorry! I just had realized the poll is had created was supposed to be a post, but I couldn't neither delete the poll nor this post.

I have to cluster texts (course lectures) into different categories using hierarchical clustering.
My data input is from mysql database.

1st question, what format does my data have to be in?

I also need to connect RM with the system I work for (nonprofitable org), to trigger it to run automatically after a certain period.
But I have problem with the coding..
I have looked into the documentation, but it's really confusing..
Could you suggest me on where to and what functions in which location that does :
load the data
pick learner type
run process
construct the output model

Thanks so much!

Answers

• Options
    Hello,

Sorry! I just realized RM does not accept mysql input . So, I'll use .xml and .txt file format.

location where file is processed: com/rapidminer/process.java->readProcess();
    location where file is opened : com/rapidminer/gui/mainframe.java-> open();

1 file for 1 process.

This information may not be very useful to post.
    but, just in case someone who might need it in the future can start off faster than i.

I'm using RM4.4
  • Options
    fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    bangbadabang wrote:

Sorry! I just realized RM does not accept mysql input . So, I'll use .xml and .txt file format.
    How do you come to this conclusion? RM certainly supports MySQL.

location where file is processed: com/rapidminer/process.java->readProcess();
    location where file is opened : com/rapidminer/gui/mainframe.java-> open();

If you are using this programatically, MainFrame.open() is probably not the right method to call unless you want to spawn a window.

Cheers,
    Simon
  • Options
    Thank you for a reply! I've really have been waited. After a number of people read the thread, no one has answered.

if it supports mysql, how is the data supposed to be loaded?
    Right now I couldn't do anything but keep tracking the flow of input and output and func calls from gui ,tutorial , sample folder and on and on to see where the input file is actually called. Do you know where I can find what i need then?