Options

Problem - I cannot log into the wiki side

kgestrichkgestrich Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I try to log into the Wiki-side to add some contens - but without success.
I use the standard logon window - and my password is accepted.
Then I go to the main screen and try to edit something and the system asks me to logon...  ???
I can repeat the steps above with the same result ...

Has anybody else the same problem or can someone help me please?

user name: kgestrich

thanks
Klaus
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Klaus,
    I tried it myself a few seconds ago and everything works fine.
    it would be worth a try to create a new user login.

I would be glad, if you could give feedback, if this workaround will help.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
    Hello

I tried it out, too and created a new account.

1. The described error did not occur after clicking "remember me" in the logon page.
    2. One anothe side: I tried to edit the Preprocessing page for proof of concept and get this error:

"Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data. Please try again. If it still doesn't work, try logging out and logging back in."

Here some more information regarding this:
    - I was logged in the whole time (before and after the error).
    - Both the save and preview button lead to the same results
    - I tried it more than once
    - Firefox 3.0.10

hope this was helpful ...

regards,

Steffen

@sebastian: all the best for your thesis :)
  • Options
    Hi,

thank You you two.  :)
    The tip from land worked - since I checked the option "Remember Me" I can edit the wiki.  :D - But I cannot save anything - like steffen described it...  :-\

I tried it with
    * Firefox 3.0.10 and
    * Internet Explorer 6.0.28 (I know it is antik - but I am not using it normally)

I also created a second accound with the same results. Account names are:
    * kgestrich
    * butzer

Can maybe someone that is administrating the wiki help me??? - If everybody new has the same problems as I am having - then I am not surprised that the wiki is not growing. I already suggested in an other artikel http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,785.0.html to simplify the whole by using the same logon (like singel sign on) for the forum and the wiki since anybody that is interested in the one should also be interested in the other.

Klaus
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    unfortunately sourceforge somehow blocked the writing database access. They really can annoy you with their reliability. So we are currently thinking about moving the complete wiki on our server, but this raises some capacity issues, which can't be solved instantaneously. Another problem is, that our admins are currently work very hard on another project, so that the wiki relaunch could take some time.

I hope you will keep your motivation until we have solved this administrative problem.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    Hi Sebastian,

thanks for the information. I defently will keep in contakt over the board and continue to study RM.  ;)
    Please send me a message if I can help from my end.

Klaus
  • Options
    Hi,
    good news! Our new admin brought the wiki back on line. Or rather: He setup a new wiki at http://rapid-i.com/wiki.
    It's more or less empty till now and I doubt, that we will find much time in the near future to contribute there, since the upcoming major release consumes a very huge amount of our time and finishing RM 4.5 must be done, too.

So we would be happy if some of the community members could share their knowledge with the others. Especially to ease the start and lower the learning curve, since data mining is a very complex field and needs deep understanding beside a lot of practice and experience.

Greetings,
      Sebastian