Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Training time dependibilty upon the system configuration

sukhsukh Member Posts: 43 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help

Dear All, 

i am using rapid miner for building a model using supervised learning. I have noticed the time taken by various supervised learning appraches. now , i want to know that whether the time taken for taining will change if i use other system configuration or will it remain constant. Kindly help me to resolve this doubt.

Thanks and Regards:

Sukh

Best Answer

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

What kind of system config changes are you intendeding? Training time is very dependant on data size, data types, # of columns, computer hardware, memory, background running processes, cores, etc.  Change anyone there and it will change the training time. 

Answers

• sukhsukh Member Posts: 43 Contributor II

Thanks alot Sir, it is what i mean to ask. your answer is greatly helped me out.

Regards:

Sukh