Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Send input files in request body

vipul_kumarvipul_kumar Member Posts: 20 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi,

I have created a RM process whose first operator is "Process Documents from Files" with its text directory parameter pointing to a directory which contains all the input files eg :/home/sample/RM/input/

The process works fine and takes all the files under the above location as input.
Now my requirement has changed a bit and I want to give all the file as inputs in the request body of the Webservice exposed for the process.
So I have exposed the Process as Web service through RM server. I want to do a post call to the service with body of the request having the actual files.

Tagged:

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

I deleted the duplicate post. 

I think you might have to use the Get Page(s) operator from the Web Mining extension. It has the option of POST and GET and work that into your web service. 

• vipul_kumarvipul_kumar Member Posts: 20 Contributor I

Hi

I installed web mining extension and able to see the get page operator. 

The getpage operator has a parameter called "url" . I dont know what to enter for this. I will again just summarize.

I have a process of which I have exposed a web service as this http://localhost:8080/api/rest/process/classify_document_poc_1

Now when I call this api ,the process runs and pick the input files as configured in the "Process Documents from file".
    Now I dont want to use that operator . Instead, I will call the above API with a post request and in the request only it will have the actual multipart file objects.

Get page operator makes sense..but I dont know what to give for "url" parameter.

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Hmm, maybe @Edin_Klapic might have some insight on how to do this.

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist

Hi Vipul,

did you check http://community.rapidminer.com/t5/RapidMiner-Server-Knowledge-Base/Upload-file-using-a-Rapidminer-Server-Web-App/ta-p/34989?

This page describes a way how to upload files with RapidMiner Web Apps. This is done by HTML forms with input type="file". There are example processes attached including the webservice for processing the data.

It should help you to find a solution.

Best,

Edin