Options

Redshift connection

villa_emanuelvilla_emanuel Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited March 2020 in Help

Hi all.

I am using rapidminer Studio free, and I am trying to connect to Amazon Redshift, couldn't find any where for how to do this in a step by step, however I figure that I need to download a driver from amazon, which I did from this site:

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/redshift/latest/mgmt/configure-jdbc-connection.html#download-jdbc-driver

I was able to get it "installed" on RapidMiner Studio, however when I try to connect I get the following error:

[Amazon](500310) Invalid operation: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "an IP address", user "my user", data...

Trying to get around this error I found that is necessary to include two changes on the advanced variables for 

AuthMech=REQUIRE and SSL=TRUE

However I can't change those variables, the most I can do is change them to a question mark "?" and select the override box, but can't change any variables at all, and of course once I try to test the connection with the "?" selected I get the error of "AuthMech values should be REQUIRED... etc..."

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    villa_emanuelvilla_emanuel Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Solution Accepted

I figured it out.

Actually had to use the configuration directly on the read database operator and use the define connection as "url" like the following:

jdbc:redshift://<ipaddress>:<port>/<batabase/schema>?AuthMech=REQUIRE&ssl=TRUE

It worked like a charm.

Answers

• Options
    homburghomburg Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 114 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

this looks like your database connection is not fully configured and reasonable values for host, user and password are missing or for some reason are not correctly passed to Redshift. How does your configuration look like? 

Cheers,

Helge