Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

problems installing on headless Ubuntu 164

kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help

Getting nuts trying to install on a headless machine using putty.

I think I followed the instructions as on this page pretty well : https://docs.rapidminer.com/server/installation/headless_install.html

My XML seems ok, is called installer.xml and is placed in the same bin folder 

when I try to run the following command (I am in the bin folder) 

...my_rapid_download/bin$ sudo ./rapidminer-server-installer installer.xml

I get an error stating sudo: ./rapidminer-server-installer: command not found

While it is clearly there.

I've tried a whole lot of variations, but nothing seems to work. Any idea what I am doing wrong here ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• homburghomburg Employee, Member Posts: 114 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted

Hi,

most likely the cause for this issue is a lack of permissions. When i.e. no execute permission is given sudo returns a 'command not found' error. You may try to run 

sudo chmod 755 rapidminer-server-installer

and execute the installation command again.

Cheers,

Helge

Answers

• kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn

Yeah, figured it out in the meantime. The error message was a bit vague :-)

Another thing I noticed in setting up the installation is that UBUNTU is not supported as server_service_linux_variant, but keeping it to SUSE was fine, so no big deal in the end.