Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Folding an attribute

pantangi_shekarpantangi_shekar Member Posts: 9 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello all,

Is it possible to fold few attributes into a column and their values of each attribute into an other column .

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Raj.

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Yes it is. Look at using Generate Attributes for this. 

• pantangi_shekarpantangi_shekar Member Posts: 9 Contributor I

Yeah. I did look at the functions in generate attributes operator. Can you please help me out with the operator?

Best,

Raj

Yeah. I looked at the functions in generate attributes operator. But I couldn't find it. Can you please help me out with the specific operator, that is used to do this?

Best,

Raj

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

use the search bar in the Operator view and search for "Generate Attributes."

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist

Hi Raj,

You could e.g. generate an Attribute named Concatenated and use the function concat(Att1,"_",Att2) to concatenate the values of the polynominal Attributes Att1 and Att2 using an underscore.

If you can you provide a short example what you have and what result you are expecting, we could provide a more detailed help.

Best,

Edin

I have used de-pivot operator to achieve it.

Appreciate your help.

Best,

Raj