Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

ClusterDensityEvaluator

ShubhaShubha Member Posts: 139 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I was working with the operator, "ClusterDensityEvaluator", with the below code.
<operator name="Root" class="Process" expanded="yes">
    <operator name="ExampleSetGenerator" class="ExampleSetGenerator">
        <parameter key="target_function" value="sum classification"/>
        <parameter key="number_examples" value="200"/>
        <parameter key="number_of_attributes" value="2"/>
    </operator>
    <operator name="KMeans" class="KMeans">
    </operator>
    <operator name="ClusterDensityEvaluator" class="ClusterDensityEvaluator" breakpoints="before">
    </operator>
</operator>
But the "ClusterDensityEvaluator" operator needs the SimilarityMeasure operator also to make it work. What 'SimilarityMeasure' is this? I meant the similarity measure from what to what?

Thanks for your help,
Shubha

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    this SimiliarityMeasure contains informations about the distance between each two examples. The below code will provide a SimiliarityMeasure
    <operator name="Root" class="Process" expanded="yes">
        <operator name="ExampleSetGenerator" class="ExampleSetGenerator">
            <parameter key="target_function" value="sum classification"/>
            <parameter key="number_examples" value="200"/>
            <parameter key="number_of_attributes" value="2"/>
        </operator>
        <operator name="ExampleSet2Similarity" class="ExampleSet2Similarity">
        </operator>
        <operator name="KMeans" class="KMeans">
        </operator>
        <operator name="ClusterDensityEvaluator" class="ClusterDensityEvaluator">
        </operator>
    </operator>
    Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • ShubhaShubha Member Posts: 139 Maven
    Thank you very much.
  • ShubhaShubha Member Posts: 139 Maven
    ..And can i get to know, how are the densities calculated based on these distances and the model? I meant to say, dod RM used any paper to perform this?

Thanks,
    Shubha
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    HI Shubba,
    yes of course it is based on some scientific research paper, but unfortunantely I don't know which one.

Greetings,
      Sebastian