problem in downloading .csv file

DrDavidDrDavid Member, University Professor Posts: 3 University Professor
edited December 2018 in Help

Sir, 

Imported .csv file from my local directory, while in import process , i added lable for class attribute also, saved well in localrepository/data folder, but placing this data on the design view, error appearing with yellow lable on the operator, why, how to resolve it,

xml given below

Thanking you in anticipation

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<process version="5.3.015">
<context>
<input/>
<output/>
<macros/>
</context>
<operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.3.015" expanded="true" name="Process">
<process expanded="true">
<operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="5.3.015" expanded="true" height="60" name="Retrieve hypothyroid.csv" width="90" x="45" y="75">
<parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Local Repository/data/hypothyroid.csv"/>
</operator>
<operator activated="true" class="replace_missing_values" compatibility="5.3.015" expanded="true" height="94" name="Replace Missing Values" width="90" x="246" y="75">
<list key="columns"/>
</operator>
<operator activated="true" class="decision_tree" compatibility="5.3.015" expanded="true" height="76" name="Decision Tree" width="90" x="380" y="120"/>
<connect from_op="Retrieve hypothyroid.csv" from_port="output" to_op="Replace Missing Values" to_port="example set input"/>
<connect from_op="Replace Missing Values" from_port="example set output" to_op="Decision Tree" to_port="training set"/>
<connect from_op="Decision Tree" from_port="model" to_port="result 1"/>
<portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
<portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
<portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
</process>
</operator>
</process>

Tagged:

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

That warning might be because you haven't saved the process. When using repositories, they like to be relative pathed to the process. Usually it's just a warning but you can run it fine. 

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @DrDavid - welcome to the community.  A couple of other things come to my mind...

- you are using a very old version of RapidMiner (ver 5.3) and hence the Decision Tree operator that you're trying to use has been deprecated.  I would highly recommend upgrading to ver 7.6.1 (most recent version) and the new updated decision tree operator.

- I cannot debug the labeling issue as I cannot see the metadata for the hypothyroid.csv example set.  If you could post this as well as your process, that would be helpful.  Often when I build processes, I keep the example sets pretty raw and just use the Set Role operator as part of my process.  Unless you are very concerned about latency, it does not slow you down very much and improved debugging.

- Those yellow triangles occur all the time in RapidMiner.  If you go to the "Problems" pane in the Design mode, you will see why RapidMiner is giving you those triangles and even offer potential solutions.  I will also tell you that sometimes those yellow warning triangles are there and there is nothing wrong, e.g. calling an attribute that you are pulling directly from an xls file so the metadata is not there.

Hope that helps.  And if you can use the </> tool when posting an XML process here on the forum, that also helps people debug problems.  :)

Scott