Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

License is inactive?

nicole_jennifernicole_jennifer Member Posts: 1 Learner II
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello, I created an account and got a free educational license; however, when I try to use it apparently my license is not active?

The status that shows when I try to install the license is "Valid (currently not active)" and when I press "install license" a message pops up saying "License is not active! License will become active in the future." What does this mean? When will my license be active?

Please help, I need to use this software for class.

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

I think you might need to wait a few hours for the liscense server to reconcile, give it a try in the morning. If not, I'd bring it to the attention of the Community Manager @sgenzer

• baltlandbaltland Member Posts: 1 Learner II

Hi-

I just downloaded RapidMiner Studio under a student account and license, but getting the following error message:

"License key not yet active.  License will become active in the future."

I was wondering WHEN in the future the license will become active, as I have to use it to complete an assignment for a class.  Most of my classmates said it was pretty instantaenous for them and they did not receive this error message.

I tried to update the license using both the sync and manual copy and paste options.

My username is baltland@regis.edu

Capture.PNG

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,996 RM Engineering

Hi,

it should be active by now, correct?

But I still wonder what timezone you downloaded and used Studio from, as we tried to eliminate these issues..

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Marco

• TeeHTeeH Member Posts: 18 Contributor II
    Hello! I need help in renewing my license, it expires this month, please help!
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @thabo_bafie pls start a chat (see chat button lower right corner of your screen). They will help you out.

Scott