Options

License is inactive?

nicole_jennifernicole_jennifer Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello, I created an account and got a free educational license; however, when I try to use it apparently my license is not active?

The status that shows when I try to install the license is "Valid (currently not active)" and when I press "install license" a message pops up saying "License is not active! License will become active in the future." What does this mean? When will my license be active?

Please help, I need to use this software for class.

Answers

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

I think you might need to wait a few hours for the liscense server to reconcile, give it a try in the morning. If not, I'd bring it to the attention of the Community Manager @sgenzer

• Options
    baltlandbaltland Member Posts: 1 Contributor I

Hi-

I just downloaded RapidMiner Studio under a student account and license, but getting the following error message:

"License key not yet active.  License will become active in the future."

I was wondering WHEN in the future the license will become active, as I have to use it to complete an assignment for a class.  Most of my classmates said it was pretty instantaenous for them and they did not receive this error message.

I tried to update the license using both the sync and manual copy and paste options.

My username is baltland@regis.edu

Capture.PNG

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering

Hi,

it should be active by now, correct?

But I still wonder what timezone you downloaded and used Studio from, as we tried to eliminate these issues..

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Marco

• Options
    TeeHTeeH Member Posts: 18 Contributor II
    Hello! I need help in renewing my license, it expires this month, please help!
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @thabo_bafie pls start a chat (see chat button lower right corner of your screen). They will help you out.

Scott