Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Cursor in notes

FBTFBT Member Posts: 106 Unicorn

Hi RapidMiners,

I am not sure, if this is something that only I encounter, but somehow the cursor is always off by a few characters in process notes. This is really a minor nuisance, but I sometimes put values in there with the intention to copying them into operators at a later stage. With this weird cursor offset, selecting the right text becomes an unnecessary challenge.

I have been encountering this in all RM versions since RM 7.1on OS X.

Tagged:
0 votes

Declined · Last Updated

Postponed until revamp of Studio GUI RM-3399

Comments

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

Thanks @FBT.  Since you're on a Mac (  :)  ), can you do a short video screencapture so we can see it?

• FBTFBT Member Posts: 106 Unicorn

As you can see, I am copying a regex expression from the process notes. When I make the selection (between the two quotation marks), it looks kind of ok, maybe a little bit too short on the right end of the expression. However, when I paste the expression into the operator, there is an offset of one character. It swallows the first dot (.), but includes the closing quotation marks (").

[video]
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

got it.  Thanks very much.

hi..I'm sorry this has sat here for so long. I cannot reproduce your issue - I'm using this process:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><process version="8.1.001">
    <context>
    <input/>
    <output/>
    <macros/>
    </context>
    <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="8.1.001" expanded="true" name="Process">
    <process expanded="true">
    <operator activated="true" class="replace" compatibility="8.1.001" expanded="true" height="82" name="Replace" width="90" x="581" y="289">
    <parameter key="replace_what" value=".+/reviews\?start=.+"/>
    </operator>
    <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
    <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
    <description align="center" color="yellow" colored="false" height="105" resized="false" width="180" x="320" y="289">This is a test piece of text and &amp;quot;.+/reviews\?start=.+&amp;quot; is my regex that I'm testing</description>
    </process>
    </operator>
    </process>