Options

Searching through databases to get job candidates.

sakekelsakekel Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

I am currently trying to figure out how to use rapidminer to search through websites/databases like  LinkedIn, Indeed, Facebook and other social media outlets. I want to search through these places to look for potential candidates for a job. For example, I would search for degree a person might have and where they are located. I was wondering how to go about this. I am extremely new to this, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you! 

Answers

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @sakekel - welcome to the community.  Unfortunately web scraping LinkedIn and Facebook is against their Terms of Service so even if there was a way on RapidMiner, we would not endorse this.  "Scraping" Twitter is perfectly fine - in fact it's quite easy in RapidMiner with the "Search Twitter" operator.  So in summary, it completely depends on which social media platform you're asking about.

Scott