Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Parallel task based on attribute values

mfulgerimfulgeri Member Posts: 3 Learner II
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi guys,

I'm searching for an elegan solution of the following problem: to train multiple instances of a predictor, separated by the value of an attribute.

Example: say I have a "Country" attribute in may data, and the nomial values of Country are "US" and "UK". 

I could design my process in this way (may in 2 separated files..) and everything would works fine. 

2017-12-08_17-45-58.jpg

Or I could create a loop on the attributes that would do the same job: 

2017-12-08_17-49-16.jpg

and my question is: is there any component or modelling tecnique to implement a logic that is splitting the data based on an attribute (country, in this example) and generating different instances of the model?

2017-12-08_17-51-57.jpg

Many thanks for your help!

Thanks, 

Matteo 

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Yes, you can use Extract Macros (extract the country values), use a Filter inside the loop set to the Macro Value, and then churn out a model for each country by appending the extracted country value to the model file.

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,531 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

or use my favourite Group into Collection (from Operator toolbox) + Loop Collection combo :)

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany