Speed up Java for Rapid Mine

aaronpawlak007aaronpawlak007 Member Posts: 1 Learner I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello,

I am completely new to all of this and looking around for help.I have installed RapidMiner an open source data mining software written in java on my ps3, and a different computer running ubuntu 10.04.The same program running on the machine ubuntu takes about 30 mins, and over 2 days on the PS3. The program has very little graphics, and I thought that it should run faster on the PS3.I've tried searching and figuring it out Case study example of java, but none of the other code I've been able to find match .Do I need to compile the java code with any special libraries to take advantage of all the PS3 processors? Are there any suggestion to make this program run faster?I went through many resources but did not find any solution for this issues. Please help me out.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you

Tagged:

Answers

• hughesfleming68hughesfleming68 Member Posts: 323 Unicorn

Huh? I remember seeing this post on a Linux forum many years ago. In fact, here it is from 2010! Now I am curious! 

http://www.ydl.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7432

Hello,

I have installed RapidMiner (www.rapid-com) an open source data mining software written in java on my ps3, and a different computer running ubuntu 10.04.

The same program running on the machine ubuntu takes about 30 mins, and over 2 days on the PS3. The program has very little graphics, and I thought that it should run faster on the PS3.

Do I need to compile the java code with any special libraries to take advantage of all the PS3 processors? Are there any suggestion to make this program run faster?

Thanks in advance,
    Cleo

"

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hmm. Thank you @hughesfleming68 for bringing to my attention. @aaronpawlak007 please explain.

Scott

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

If you ask me, that OP smelled of spam when I firest read it.