Options

Newbie having problem interpreting SOM result

busayooloyede2busayooloyede2 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

I am so new to data mining and just trying to have a footing on a way forward. I ran the SOM algorithm on my data and it reduced the dimension but i dont know how to interpret the dimension reduction result. Please can somebody help me? I'm supposed to present it to some newbies like me who I just told about RapidMiner.

Thank you

Busayo

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    Solution Accepted

hello @busayooloyede2 - welcome to the community.  I'd recommend posting your XML process here (see "Read Before Posting" on right when you reply) and attach your dataset. This way we can replicate what you're doing and help you better.

Scott

Answers

• Options
    busayooloyede2busayooloyede2 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

oh, thanks for the prompt reply. I was just too much in a hurry to know that, searched but didn't find any post so helpful.

What I am trying to do is to predict academic performnce by personality trait, I intend using SOM but once i get the result i dont know where to turn, Attched is my dataset. I wanted to use the 5 personality traits to see if the eventual academic output has a correlation with the trait of each person.

Any help will be highly appreciated. I am using studio 7.6.003 not server and i cant seem to see where to export the XML file. I've checked the view - Show Panel

Busayo

• Options
    lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn

Hi @busayooloyede2

Once you have copied the XML code in the XML window in RapidMiner, you click on the icon "Insert Code", you paste the code,

and you click on "OK" : 

XML_paste.png

then a pop is opening and you paste your code in it.

XML_paste_2.png

Regards,

Lionel