Options

heap space issue installing RM server

dana_vander_wendana_vander_wen Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi,

I'm trying to install Rapid Miner server to a windows 10 server.

the installation was successful, but when opening the standalone file an error occurs:

Calling "C:\Users\Full-\Desktop\rapidminer-server-installer-8.0.1\bin\standalone.conf.bat"

Setting JAVA property to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\java"

===============================================================================

JBoss Bootstrap Environment

JBOSS_HOME: "C:\Users\Full-\Desktop\rapidminer-server-installer-8.0.1"

JAVA: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\java"

JAVA_OPTS: "-verbose:gc -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=3M -XX:-TraceClassUnloading -client -Dprogram.name=auxiliaryStandalone.bat  -Xms1303M -Xmx2048M -XX:+UseG1GC -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dcom.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.pool.timeout=300000  -Djboss.modules.policy-permissions=true  -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman -Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en -Xms1303M -Xmx2048M -XX:+UseG1GC -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dcom.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.pool.timeout=300000  -Djboss.modules.policy-permissions=true  -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman -Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en"

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for 2097152KB object heap

Press any key to continue . . .

I already increased the RAM of the machine to 12GB and am running on a 64bit windows os.

Answers

• Options
    homburghomburg Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 114 RM Data Scientist

Hi Dana,

the problem here is that you are running the application with a 32bit JRE that only supports ~1.5GB of main memory. This is a Java limitation and you need to download and install a 64bit JRE of Java 8. Once this is done please edit "<RM-SERVER-DIR>\bin\standalone.conf.bat" at line 36 where it states the path to your local JRE (in your case "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_131"). Please provide the new path of the 64bit version here which might look like "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_151".

Cheers,

Helge

• Options
    dana_vander_wendana_vander_wen Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Hi Helge, thanks for your reply!

I already had a java 64 bit version, but I tinstalled the one you suggested and I still get the same error:

Calling "C:\Users\Full-\OneDrive\Documents\rapidminer\bin\standalone.conf.bat"
    Setting JAVA property to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_151\bin\java"

JBoss Bootstrap Environment

JBOSS_HOME: "C:\Users\Full-\OneDrive\Documents\rapidminer"

JAVA: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_151\bin\java"

JAVA_OPTS: "-verbose:gc -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=3M -XX:-TraceClassUnloading -client -Dprogram.name=auxiliaryStandalone.bat -Xms1303M -Xmx2048M -XX:+UseG1GC -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dcom.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.pool.timeout=300000 -Djboss.modules.policy-permissions=true -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman -Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en -Xms1303M -Xmx2048M -XX:+UseG1GC -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dcom.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.pool.timeout=300000 -Djboss.modules.policy-permissions=true -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman -Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en"

Error occurred during initialization of VM
    Could not reserve enough space for 2097152KB object heap
    Press any key to continue . . .

• Options
    Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist

Hi Dana,

as Helge pointed out in the second part of his post it is necessary that you edit the path to your Java within the file

"C:\Users\Full-\OneDrive\Documents\rapidminer\bin\standalone.conf.bat"

(see line 1 of your pasted log) which is called in your process.

At line 36 where it states the path to your local JRE (in your case "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_131"). Please provide the new path of the 64bit version here which might look like "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_151"

Best,

Edin