Item Attribute k-NN operator - Documentation/Implementation

edinsda2edinsda2 Member Posts: 5 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help

Hi All,

I have been unable to find any documentation as to how to use the Recommendation Extention operator, "Item Attribute k-NN". 

Could some please send me to some documentation so that I can use it to develop my recommendation system and also check that it is implementing the methodology that I think it is.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

thanks @lionelderkrikor. Just a caveat that the RapidMiner processes shown on that website are usually from an old version which may or may not with in RM8. I see many questions here in the community about how "it does not work" when the issue is version.

Scott

• lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn

Hi everyone,

Sorry ,but I just feel obligated to tell you that  : 

In deed,  how said @sgenzer, most of the processes associated to this book aren't compatible with the actual version of RapidMiner :

The processes of this book raise an error in the actual version of RapidMiner (that's what I found).

But you can from an empty process (re)create the processes of this book (by copying and pasting the operators) in the actual 

version of RapidMiner and then execute and study the processes. That's the method I use to learn RapidMiner.

I just want to conclude with this words : 

"it does not work" is not an excuse : by performing the actions above, you can (re)create and execute the processes

in the actual version of RapidMiner and learn about it. It's just a question of motivation.

In the real life, nothing is easy : 

If actually, I'm Maven and I can solve some problems in the community, it's in part thanks to this book and its processes.

However, if despite, you are lost, there are people of values in the community who can advise you .

I hope these words will be helpful.

Best regards,

Lionel