Options

Rapidminer 4.4 -> 4.5. Will upgrade retain files?

ruserruser Member Posts: 40 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
While working with the Rapidminer v4.4, I got the notification that Rapidminer new version v4.5 is available.

I'm just wondering whether the direct upgrade from v4.4 to v4.5 is possible, or I have to reinstall the Rapidminer with the new version.
How do I retain the process and data files which were created with the Rapidminer v4.4?

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    you have to download and install the new version. The process and data files are fully compatible with the new version. Only some IO objects might cause trouble, but we haven't noticed so far...

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    ruserruser Member Posts: 40 Maven
    Thanks. But, the question precisely is whether the new installation override the folders containing the process and data files, in case if I have kept under the Rapidminer installation directory.

I can copy such files before the installation, and restore them back once the installation is completed. But, I would like to know the actual behaviour during the upgrade.
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    unfortunately the uninstaller will delete every file below in the old rapid miner directory...
    So if you save your data in the program directory, you have to coipy it into another location.

Greetings,
      Sebastian