Options

How to split a csv file into several documents in order to create association rules?

lijiamei2006lijiamei2006 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi there,

I am an absolute beginner with rapidminer, thanks to the community I was able to perform some basic data analysis. 

The product I'm using is Rapidminer Studio 8.0, I have also downloaded the Aylien and text mining extensions. Right now I have one large csv file with customer comments, I want to split this csv file into several documents to create association rules.

I created a process but somehow it didn't work, can anyone help check it and shed some light on this? 

example.png

Thanks in advance!

Jamie

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,510 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

you most likely want to use Read CSV to get the CSV file in and then use Filter Examples to split it.

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    lijiamei2006lijiamei2006 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the quick response.

I tried Filter Examples but it didn't work for me. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, the problem I'm facing is this(allow me to rephraze :P ): my csv file contains many many comments collected through a customer survey, and I want to split each comment into a document so that I can use association rules to find out which subjects are mentioned together more often, my hope is to find some insight to our customer's voice.

Sincerely,

Jamie

• Options
    lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn

HI @lijiamei2006,

The best is to share your dataset and explain exactly what who want.

Regards,

Lionel