Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Generate new dataframe with Execute R

lulu_yanglulu_yang Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited February 2020 in Help

Hi,

I am new to RM and tried to use Execute R to apply KS-test and return its result, which is a dataframe. When I ran my process, it shows "Process failed. Script terminated abnormally":

• Exception: com.rapidminer.operator.OperatorException
  • Stack trace:
  • com.rapidminer.extension.rscripting.operator.scripting.AbstractScriptRunner.run(AbstractScriptRunner.java:166)
  • com.rapidminer.extension.rscripting.operator.scripting.AbstractScriptingLanguageOperator.doWork(AbstractScriptingLanguageOperator.java:90)
  • com.rapidminer.extension.rscripting.operator.scripting.r.RScriptingOperator.doWork(RScriptingOperator.java:73)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.Operator.execute(Operator.java:1004)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.execution.SimpleUnitExecutor.execute(SimpleUnitExecutor.java:77)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.ExecutionUnit$3.run(ExecutionUnit.java:812)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.ExecutionUnit$3.run(ExecutionUnit.java:807)
  • java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.ExecutionUnit.execute(ExecutionUnit.java:807)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.OperatorChain.doWork(OperatorChain.java:428)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.Operator.execute(Operator.java:1004)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.execute(Process.java:1310)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:1285)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:1176)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:1129)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:1124)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:1114)
  • com.rapidminer.gui.ProcessThread.run(ProcessThread.java:65)

I can run the example code without similar problem and if I deleted the last two lines - "ks.table<-as.data.table(ks.table)
return(ks.table)". It is fine as well...

Here is my XML.:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><process version="8.1.000">
<context>
<input/>
<output/>
<macros/>
</context>
<operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="8.1.000" expanded="true" name="Process">
<process expanded="true">
<operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="8.1.000" expanded="true" height="68" name="Retrieve Golf" width="90" x="45" y="34">
<parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Samples/data/Golf"/>
</operator>
<operator activated="true" class="r_scripting:execute_r" compatibility="8.1.000" expanded="true" height="82" name="Execute R (2)" width="90" x="246" y="34">
<parameter key="script" value="# rm_main is a mandatory function, &#10;# the number of arguments has to be the number of input ports (can be none)&#10;rm_main = function(data)&#10;{&#10;library(dplyr)&#10;library(data.table)&#10;&#10;columnname&lt;-c()&#10;&#10;###Save the column name and label name:&#10;for(i in seq(along = metaData$data)){&#10;&#9;columnname&lt;-c(columnname, names(metaData$data)[i])&#10;&#9;&#10;&#9;if (metaData$data[[i]]$role == 'label'){&#10;&#9;labelname&lt;- names(metaData$data)[i]&#10;&#9;}&#10;}&#10;&#10;### apply filter based on the label:&#10;expyes&lt;-lazyeval::interp(quote(x == y), x=as.name(labelname), y = &quot;yes&quot;)&#10;expno&lt;-lazyeval::interp(quote(x == y), x=as.name(labelname), y = &quot;no&quot;)&#10;&#10;yes&lt;- filter_(data, expyes)&#10;no&lt;- filter_(data, expno)&#10;&#10;ks.table&lt;-data.frame()&#10;&#10;for(i in seq(along = metaData$data)){&#10;&#9;if ((metaData$data[[i]]$role == 'label') | (metaData$data[[i]]$type != &quot;Integer&quot;) ) next&#10;&#9;&#10;&#9;cyes&lt;-select(yes, select = names(metaData$data)[i])&#10;&#9;cno&lt;- select(no, select = names(metaData$data)[i])&#10;&#9;ks&lt;-ks.test(cyes, cno)&#10;&#9;row&lt;-data.frame(names(metaData$data)[i], ks$statistic,ks$p.value)&#10;&#9;print(as.character(row))&#10;&#9;ks.table&lt;-rbind(ks.table, row)&#10;}&#10;ks.table&lt;-as.data.table(ks.table)&#10;return(ks.table)&#10;}&#10;"/>
</operator>
<connect from_op="Retrieve Golf" from_port="output" to_op="Execute R (2)" to_port="input 1"/>
<connect from_op="Execute R (2)" from_port="output 1" to_port="result 1"/>
<portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
<portSpacing port="source_input 2" spacing="0"/>
<portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
<portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
</process>
</operator>
</process>

Does anyone have idea why it happens? Thanks for help!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• earmijoearmijo Member Posts: 271 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

In the R code you keep making reference to the object metaData that has never been defined. Try the code in R first and see if it runs.

Answers

• lulu_yanglulu_yang Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Thank you @earmijo! It was my coding problem... Wrong data types have been delivered to ks.test() function.