The Altair Community and the RapidMiner community is on read-only mode until further notice. Technical support via cases will continue to work as is. For any urgent requests from Students/Faculty members, please submit the form linked here.
Options

Windows XP Vs Vista OS

ShubhaShubha Member Posts: 139 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I have developed a Rapid Miner process in Windows XP. It works very well. Can the same run in Vista OS? Because I get some error related to path settings. So, just guessing whether it is because of the OS changed from Windows to Vista.....

Thanks and Regards,
Shubha

Answers

• Options
    haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Hi Shuba,

I'm on RM 4.5 Enterprise and use Vista and XP 64 bit, all my processes work fine on both - but User Account Control on Vista is a pain, and almost certainly is the source of your problems. You can turn it off, although I can't remember how.

• Options
    ShubhaShubha Member Posts: 139 Maven
    You are back!  :)....Thank you very much. I will look into this....
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Shubha,
    RapidMiner is OS independent, it runs fine on vista. But vista has the ugly peculiarity to disguise some of its own directories in the explorer. Perhabs the directory your files are stored in is just different from XP although it seems to have the same name in the explorer...
    Did you try to reenter the pathnames again? Then everything should work...

Greetings,
     Sebastian